AKMG Annual Convention 2018
Continuing Medical Education Program
Updates and Innovations in Patient Care and Medical Practice
August 10 and 11, 2018
Brookstreet Hotel, 525 Legget Dr, Kanata, ON K2K 2W2
AKMG 2018 CME
- This CME will provide information on the latest developments in patient care and medical practice. The syllabus is designed to benefit a general and mixed level audience including primary care physicians, dentists, specialists and trainees. There will be emphasis on trainee presentations.
- The conference will feature a mix of didactic lectures and ample interactive sessions as well as time for Q&A. Active participation of attendees will help expand their clinical knowledge on updates and innovations in patient care and medical practice.
- Accreditation is pending with the University of Ottawa
- For enquiries please Email: AKMGCME2018@GMAIL.COM
Dr. Vimoj J. Nair, MD, FRCPC
Dr. Asha Shenoi, MD, FAAP
Dr. Mini George, MD, CCFP
Dr. Mariamma Joseph, MD, FRCPC
Information for invited faculty members
Invited faculty members will receive direct communication from the CME office. Please note the instructions and deadlines for documentation. Here you will find some general instructions to guide you in preparing your presentation.
Overall learning objectives of the AKMG 2018 CME:
At the end of this program learners will be able to:
- Recognize approaches to cost effective care in managing common medical and surgical conditions
- Apply up to date guidelines in the treatment of chronic diseases among aging population
- Identify the recent changes to MOC requirements to practice medicine in North America
- Discuss the implementation of novel service models in diagnostic medicine including challenges
Please prepare for a multilevel educational experience with physicians, dentists, residents, fellows, medical students and allied health professionals in attendance.
- The use of the AKMG 2018 CME slide kit is mandatory. The slide kit is available for download in the online speaker commitment form below.
- Please email / file portal your presentations to email@example.com by July 27, 2018.
- Your presentations will be uploaded and ready for your session.
- Due to AV arrangements and restrictions, personal laptops will not be permitted.
- Please keep within your allotted time.
Speaker Commitment Forms
DEADLINE TO RETURN SPEAKER COMMITMENT FORM: February 10, 2018
Time and Venue
- Brookstreet Hotel, 525 Legget Dr, Kanata, ON K2K 2W2
- 10 – 11 August, 2018
- 8:00 AM to 12:30 PM
- Discounted hotel rooms are available to attendees of AKMG 2018 Annual Convention
- Please book your hotel rooms using this link
- All individuals staying in the room above 18 years of age have to be accounted for in your room booking. Children (<18yrs old) stay free.
- Registration is mandatory for abstract presentation at the conference. You may submit your abstracts ahead of registration.
- All abstracts must be formatted with the following sections: Background, Aims, Methods, Results and Conclusions
- Word limit: 300 words maximum
- Last date for submission of abstracts for the competition will be June 1st, 2018
- Acceptance of the poster will be intimated by June 30 th
- All accepted abstracts for oral presentation need to be submitted in slide form by July 30th, 2018.
- Same primary author can submit more than one abstract.
- As the presenting author, you must be registered as a delegate and be available at the poster session at the allotted time.
- Send your abstract to AKMGCME2018@GMAIL.COM
- The subject line of the email should start with ‘Abstract submission:’ followed by specialty. E.g. Abstract Submission: Pediatrics OR Abstract Submission: Gastroenterology
- The top 5 submissions will be selected for short oral presentations. Weightage will be given to submissions by trainees.
- All poster presenters will be emailed further instructions on when to have their posters ready for mounting as well as the schedule for poster tours.
Short Oral Presentations
AKMG is introducing a new format of presentation at its annual CME event. To encourage presentation of original data, the top 5 abstracts will be selected for short oral presentations. Weightage will be given to submissions by trainees.
- Date: August 11th, 2018.
- 5 speakers only.
- Be succinct and keep on time
- Presentation time: 5 min
- Max 8 slides (1 slide declaring any conflicts of interest, 1 background, 1-2 materials and methods, 1-3 results, 1 conclusion).
- Short discussion after all presentations are complete.
- Please email AKMGCME2018@GMAIL.COM if you have any queries.